At the beginning we defined the product.
For the purposes of the project, a complete analysis of the business environment was conducted using Business Model Canvas, Value Proposition, Value Model Canvas, SWOT.
Due to the fact that I focus on the UX process, I will skip the detailed description of this stage.
To learn about the needs and problems of users who eat in restaurants
The results of the research showed that our product in its original concept did not solve the real problems of users, so we were able to make a pivot and offer a service that will solve the problems of both users and restaurateurs.
In building the information architecture as well as in selecting the search, filtering and sorting options, the card sorting method helped us. We used this method several more times during project iteration.
During the workshop we developed User Stories, a few examples below.
Additionally, using SAP Scenes we created a storyboard for one of the user paths
We have created a map of user experience based on user data and history.
This allowed us to better understand the needs and pains the user is experiencing during the booking process. The visualization allowed us to define critical problems and find solutions for them (quick wins).
In the first stage, we have listed all functions that could be used in the application.
We then asked the people surveyed to express their opinion on each function and to allocate points which would give them the greatest value and which they would use most often.
On the basis of the survey, we created a table which shows us what we should focus on when designing application.
On the basis of User Stories we have created critical paths that the user has to follow in order to make a reservation in the application.
Having the paths ready, we created the whole flow of application.
Sketching solutions allowed us to generate ideas quickly. The first tests with users on paper prototypes showed which solutions can work.
Two equivalent Lo-Fi designs were created, one made in Balsamiq and Marvel, the other in Sketch and Invision.
Between the Lo-Fi model and the graphic design we performed few iterations of usability tests.
The conclusions led us to the final prototype which was subjected to the last tests.